Workers for Hire
There's no more integrity anymore.
Stick a pen with a student, and you can pronounce him a writer too.
Receive a half day's crash course and purchase a book, voila! Web editor.
To trace its origins, I really blame the pasar malam people. They really spoilt the market for the rest of us smarter folks. Buy three get one free! And the rich bosses who are secretly penny-pinchers and regular visitors thought, hey what a good idea! Now it's hire one, get three free!
I'm not griping because I get stuck with the shit. It's good to wear many hats. But what price, speed and progress?What about those people who spent eons and hardwork perfecting their craft? I sure am not thick-skinned enough to lay claim to titles I know others have spent years building up. But in the name of being an efficient worker, I'm sorry I have to usurp your position, in a day what it took you years to accomplish.
Rome certainly wasn't built in a day and I'm sure we all know by now, that multi-tasking is really an euphemism for cheap.
If my boss is reading this, this is not my blog and god, knows, I have no time for MSN too!
Stick a pen with a student, and you can pronounce him a writer too.
Receive a half day's crash course and purchase a book, voila! Web editor.
To trace its origins, I really blame the pasar malam people. They really spoilt the market for the rest of us smarter folks. Buy three get one free! And the rich bosses who are secretly penny-pinchers and regular visitors thought, hey what a good idea! Now it's hire one, get three free!
I'm not griping because I get stuck with the shit. It's good to wear many hats. But what price, speed and progress?What about those people who spent eons and hardwork perfecting their craft? I sure am not thick-skinned enough to lay claim to titles I know others have spent years building up. But in the name of being an efficient worker, I'm sorry I have to usurp your position, in a day what it took you years to accomplish.
Rome certainly wasn't built in a day and I'm sure we all know by now, that multi-tasking is really an euphemism for cheap.
If my boss is reading this, this is not my blog and god, knows, I have no time for MSN too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home