Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Unexpected

Having your fortune told. I was never a firm believer in it. But perhaps it was the thrill of the inknown that attracted me. The skeptic who wanted to prove that logic would prevail, the nitpicker of logic.

So Em, Allan and Sheila made our way to the void deck. To the old man who was supposed to tell us our future with just our Chinese names. We were early, and as I sat across Allan, with his infuriating cig dangling from his mouth, we waited... for our lives to be laid before us. Sheila and I had our resevations... what if it was creepy and we found truths we weren't ready for?

It started out promising enough. The old man with the huge belly had the smoke going, the lights at the void deck went off at almost 12am, to signify a presence.

I was next in line. I asked about career and relationships. Verdict: I trusted the person but he didn't trust me and he spent most of my moolah. We weren;t really that compatible. And I worried too much about work that it gave me sleepless nights. I wasn't too convinced. Cos the answers were vague and could've applied to anyone right? I mean, who wouldd't have been worried abt their career. As for someone making use of, well, that's common too right?

And there was the one person that he did not mention. And the one more thing that made his prediction skewed? Well, I was expecting him to explain why.. that one thing did not work out. But he left out the most important person of all. The one that was still in my heart. The one that I perhaps would've been different for.

But I digress. There was someone else I wished I could take the place of. I understood that I always stood on the periphery. But he was so beautiful. What I would give to be part of his world, still. His beauty still moves me. The perfect form of form of him just being. I wished him happiness this year, on my birthday. He doesn't deserve it, but he's still there. Just cos he made me see, the beauty in all things. It wasn't just a little.. ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home