Ode to the memory of you
I remember...
How my heart skipped a beat when I first saw you, your arrogance, self-assuredness.
The first time you looked in a shirt.
Sneaking peeks at your profile, as you strummed the imaginary guitar.
Wanting to listen to 'Insensitive' with you.
The promise to karaoke.
Thereafter, our kick-ass duets!
The first time i said I missed you.
And you said it back.
The first time your fingers lifted my lips to yours.
Waking up to you in the mornings.
Wanting to watch you sleep, but I always dozed off first.
The few and far between spontaneous hugs.
Taxi cab rides in the mornings.
The first lunch you made. ( I never saw a prettier meal)
The many always delicious lunches you made.
You making me wash up after.
Always looking forward to seeing you again.
The silly happiness at seeing my mobile beep with your sms.
The first silly picture we took at Wala's.
Offering lousy backrubs.
Your constant mood swings.
Walking in the rain with soaked ciggies.
You always offering to carry my stuff.
Your love of soup. (mine! almost)
Our off-tangent conversations.
Your passion for dive anything.
Admiring that passion.
Your contradiction of brilliance and humanity.
You.
How my heart skipped a beat when I first saw you, your arrogance, self-assuredness.
The first time you looked in a shirt.
Sneaking peeks at your profile, as you strummed the imaginary guitar.
Wanting to listen to 'Insensitive' with you.
The promise to karaoke.
Thereafter, our kick-ass duets!
The first time i said I missed you.
And you said it back.
The first time your fingers lifted my lips to yours.
Waking up to you in the mornings.
Wanting to watch you sleep, but I always dozed off first.
The few and far between spontaneous hugs.
Taxi cab rides in the mornings.
The first lunch you made. ( I never saw a prettier meal)
The many always delicious lunches you made.
You making me wash up after.
Always looking forward to seeing you again.
The silly happiness at seeing my mobile beep with your sms.
The first silly picture we took at Wala's.
Offering lousy backrubs.
Your constant mood swings.
Walking in the rain with soaked ciggies.
You always offering to carry my stuff.
Your love of soup. (mine! almost)
Our off-tangent conversations.
Your passion for dive anything.
Admiring that passion.
Your contradiction of brilliance and humanity.
You.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home