About a blog
I thought it'd be fitting to start a blog with, what else, musings on having one.
Let's just say, it was a baptism of fire for someone as impatient as I. But it's ok, jas, you're finally getting a space to live out your life in this box... so i was frantically trying to hold on to those rhapsodies in my head and here we are. I'd initially wanted to name this Rhapsodies In The Tune of A... but that's a blog entry for another day.
So i was bored last night at 2am and met up with Chris C at Mac's. I wasn't off my blog rant/grouse/gripe yet so i asked if he had one. He went something like, "What's a blog?" and i was dumbfounded for a moment. Hence, we had a rather productive conversation that went somewhat like below:
Me: OMG which planet are you from, Chris? Get with the programme!
C: I'm sorry lah.. I'm old already can.."
Me: Shuddup lah Chris, you're only a year older than me can?
C: Anyway, I just don't see the point of sharing my personal thoughts with strangers, lah. I'd rather spend time playing my PC games lor."
And that's pretty how the conversation went that night, to which, we finally agreed that a blog, to a certain extent, panders to some inherent narcissism in us. Or perhaps, it's just a small voice in all of us, calling out to be heard. "Hear me! Look at me! See me!" And we try to speak out in cyberspace, like some form of catharsis.
To the readers: I hope you enjoy the rest of the posts to come. There's lots more crap where that came from.
Disclaimer: to anyone reading this.. Chris is really a very sweet guy and not as clueless as I'd made him out to be.
Let's just say, it was a baptism of fire for someone as impatient as I. But it's ok, jas, you're finally getting a space to live out your life in this box... so i was frantically trying to hold on to those rhapsodies in my head and here we are. I'd initially wanted to name this Rhapsodies In The Tune of A... but that's a blog entry for another day.
So i was bored last night at 2am and met up with Chris C at Mac's. I wasn't off my blog rant/grouse/gripe yet so i asked if he had one. He went something like, "What's a blog?" and i was dumbfounded for a moment. Hence, we had a rather productive conversation that went somewhat like below:
Me: OMG which planet are you from, Chris? Get with the programme!
C: I'm sorry lah.. I'm old already can.."
Me: Shuddup lah Chris, you're only a year older than me can?
C: Anyway, I just don't see the point of sharing my personal thoughts with strangers, lah. I'd rather spend time playing my PC games lor."
And that's pretty how the conversation went that night, to which, we finally agreed that a blog, to a certain extent, panders to some inherent narcissism in us. Or perhaps, it's just a small voice in all of us, calling out to be heard. "Hear me! Look at me! See me!" And we try to speak out in cyberspace, like some form of catharsis.
To the readers: I hope you enjoy the rest of the posts to come. There's lots more crap where that came from.
Disclaimer: to anyone reading this.. Chris is really a very sweet guy and not as clueless as I'd made him out to be.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home